Current:Home > FinanceThe body of a man who was missing after fishing boat sank off Connecticut is recovered -Infinite Edge Learning
The body of a man who was missing after fishing boat sank off Connecticut is recovered
Indexbit View
Date:2025-04-06 05:38:19
WESTPORT, Conn. (AP) — The body of one of two boaters who went missing in the Long Island Sound off Connecticut has been recovered, authorities said.
The remains of Juan Gabriel Valle Pineda were recovered at 4:30 p.m. Monday by Bridgeport Fire Department staffers, Westport Police Lt. Eric Woods said.
Pineda, 38, of Spring Valley, New York, was one of five people in a small fishing boat that sank near Westport on Sunday. Three of them were rescued.
The sunken boat was found earlier Tuesday, Woods said.
“Westport Police extend our sympathies to the family of the deceased and are hopeful of recovering the second missing person,” he said.
veryGood! (6298)
Related
- Louvre will undergo expansion and restoration project, Macron says
- Officials believe body found near Maryland trail where woman went missing is Rachel Morin
- At least 3 dead in bus crash on Pennsylvania interstate, authorities say
- DeSantis’ retaliation against Disney hurts Florida, former governors and lawmakers say
- The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
- US Coast Guard rescues boater off Florida coast after he went missing for nearly 2 days
- Elon Musk says he may need surgery before proposed ‘cage match’ with Mark Zuckerberg
- Hank the Tank, Lake Tahoe bear linked to at least 21 home invasions, has been captured
- Krispy Kreme offers a free dozen Grinch green doughnuts: When to get the deal
- Maralee Nichols Shares Glimpse Inside Farm Trip With Her and Tristan Thompson’s Son Theo
Ranking
- Jamie Foxx reps say actor was hit in face by a glass at birthday dinner, needed stitches
- A simpler FAFSA is coming for the 2024-25 school year. Here's what to expect.
- Rahul Gandhi, Indian opposition leader, reinstated as lawmaker days after top court’s order
- 'Barbie' is the only billion-dollar blockbuster solely directed by a woman
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
- Step up Your Style With This $38 Off the Shoulder Jumpsuit That Has 34,200+ 5-Star Amazon Reviews
- USWNT ousted from World Cup: Team USA reels from historic loss to Sweden
- Costa Rican soccer player killed in crocodile attack after jumping into river
Recommendation
South Korean president's party divided over defiant martial law speech
Why Roger Goodell's hug of Deshaun Watson was an embarrassment for the NFL
Taylor Swift fan's 'Fantasy Swiftball' game gives Swifties another way to enjoy Eras Tour
In a first, naval officers find huge cache of dynamite in cave-like meth lab run by Mexican drug cartel
Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
Man whose body was found in a barrel in Malibu had been shot in the head, coroner says
The future is uncertain for the United States after crashing out of the Women’s World Cup
Niger’s junta shuts airspace, accuses nations of plans to invade as regional deadline passes