Current:Home > ScamsBlake Shelton Gets in One Last Dig at Adam Levine Before Exiting The Voice -Infinite Edge Learning
Blake Shelton Gets in One Last Dig at Adam Levine Before Exiting The Voice
Johnathan Walker View
Date:2025-04-07 02:18:21
Blake Shelton's got a way with words.
After all, the longtime The Voice coach couldn't help but to troll longtime pal Adam Levine, who returned to the NBC singing competition May 23 to perform Maroon 5's new single "Middle Ground."
"I'm glad that Adam is singing and not speaking," he quipped to E! News in an exclusive interview ahead of the show, "because every time he speaks, he says really stupid stuff."
The country singer jokingly continued, "When he was a coach on the show, I'll still say he was hands down the worst coach of anything that I've ever seen in my life." (For more from Blake, tune in to E! News tonight, May 23 at 11 p.m.)
Back in 2019, Adam left The Voice after 16 seasons. Now, Blake—who coached alongside Adam during the rocker's entire tenure and is the last remaining coach from the show's OG lineup—is preparing for his own exit following the season finale on May 23.
So, how does he feel about walking away from The Voice as its longest-serving coach to date?
"It's kind of a blur to me," he told E!. "On the way over here today, I was just thinking about this whole chapter of my life."
Explaining how he recently started Googling what former co-stars Christina Aguilera and CeeLo Green were up to these days, Blake remarked, "I don't see them anymore and it's just crazy how long it's been."
As for mementos he'll be taking from set to commemorate the experience? "I found the petty cash drawer in the production office," the 46-year-old, who met wife Gwen Stefani on the show, joked, "so I'm gonna be getting in into that later. And my half-drank bottle of vodka."
Sliding into his chair come season 24 later this year will be none other than country legend Reba McEntire. And of course, she's already gotten his stamp of approval.
"I'm excited about Reba coming on board," Blake previously told E! News. "It's kind of meant to be I think. From the versions of the story that I've heard, she was the original coach that they wanted here on The Voice to be the country representation. So, now that I've had my run, for her to finally get the job that she was meant to have to begin with, it will be fun."
She has no fears about facing off against returning coaches Gwen, Niall Horan and John Legend, either. "I'm not really worried about the competition," the 68-year-old shared with E!. "I'll give them some tips every once and a while that will help them, but I'll be easy on them."
(E! and NBC are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)
Watch E! News weeknights Monday through Thursday at 11 p.m., only on E!.veryGood! (24148)
Related
- At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
- Those worried about poor air quality will soon be able to map out the cleanest route
- 22 Amazon Skincare Products That Keep Selling Out
- Bowling Green hockey coach put on leave and 3 players suspended amid hazing investigation
- Who are the most valuable sports franchises? Forbes releases new list of top 50 teams
- UAW threatens to expand strike to more auto plants by end of week
- Cowboys look dominant, but one shortcoming threatens to make them 'America's Tease' again
- UAW's Shawn Fain threatens more closures at Ford, GM, Stellantis plants by noon Friday
- Nearly half of US teens are online ‘constantly,’ Pew report finds
- Hayden Panettiere Adds a Splash of Watermelon Vibes to Her Pink Hair
Ranking
- Stamford Road collision sends motorcyclist flying; driver arrested
- Coca Cola v. Coca Pola
- Syria’s Assad to head to China as Beijing boosts its reach in the Middle East
- When is the second Republican debate, and who has qualified for it?
- Charges tied to China weigh on GM in Q4, but profit and revenue top expectations
- Bill Maher postpones HBO 'Real Time' return during writers' strike following backlash
- International Criminal Court says it detected ‘anomalous activity’ in its information systems
- UAW's Shawn Fain threatens more closures at Ford, GM, Stellantis plants by noon Friday
Recommendation
Civic engagement nonprofits say democracy needs support in between big elections. Do funders agree?
The Versailles Palace celebrates its 400th anniversary and hosts King Charles III for state dinner
Unlicensed New York City acupuncturist charged after patient’s lungs collapsed, prosecutors say
Bill Maher postpones HBO 'Real Time' return during writers' strike following backlash
Sonya Massey's father decries possible release of former deputy charged with her death
Strategic border crossing reopens allowing UN aid to reach rebel-held northwest Syria
NYC Mayor calls for ‘national assault’ on fentanyl epidemic following death of child
Florida family welcomes third girl born on the same day in four years