Current:Home > MarketsKevin Spacey Hospitalized After His "Entire Left Arm" Goes Numb -Infinite Edge Learning
Kevin Spacey Hospitalized After His "Entire Left Arm" Goes Numb
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 06:12:45
Kevin Spacey is detailing his experience after suffering a medical emergency.
The House of Cards alum shared he was rushed to a hospital after "going numb in one arm" while on a tour of the Afrasiyab Museum in Samarkand, Uzbekistan Oct. 2.
Spacey detailed the health scare while addressing the audience at during the Tashkent International Film Festival after he was released, noting that "everything turned out to be completely normal."
"I am, of course, grateful that it's not anything more serious," he said in a video obtained by TMZ Oct. 4. "But it also made me really take a moment and think to myself how fragile life is, for all of us."
E! News has reached out to Spacey's reps for additional comment and has not heard back.
Spacey's health episode comes a little over two months after the actor's latest legal battle came to an end.
In late July, a British court found the Oscar winner not guilty on nine charges including seven counts of sexual assault, one count of forcing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent and one count of forcing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity.
The American Beauty actor's charges, which he had previously pleaded not guilty to, were the result of allegations from four men who accused Spacey of assault between 2004 to 2013, when he was of artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre in London. (He stepped down from the position in 2015).
The 64-year-old was originally charged with 12 counts of sexual misconduct, but the number of counts was later reduced, according to Variety, due to a technicality in the case.
After the verdict, Spacey addressed reporters outside of the courtroom.
"I imagine that many of you can understand that there's a lot for me to process after what just happened today," he said in a video obtained by NBC News. "I would like to say that I'm enormously grateful to the jury for having taken the time to examine all of the evidence and all of the facts carefully before they reached their decision, and I am humbled by the outcome today."
This isn't the first bout of legal trouble for the Heartburn actor. In 2017, Netflix severed ties with the actor amid allegations of sexual assault and misconduct surfacing against him. The following year, the Oscar winner was hit with a felony charge of indecent assault and battery in Massachusetts, to which he pleaded not guilty. The charge was later dropped due to the "unavailability of the complaining witness," according to court documents obtained by E! News at the time.
In addition to facing criminal proceedings, he was also hit with a lawsuit from Anthony Rapp, who sued Spacey for $40 million, alleging the Baby Driver star sexually assaulted him in 1986 when Rapp was 14 years old. A New York jury found Spacey not liable for battery last October.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (88)
Related
- The company planning a successor to Concorde makes its first supersonic test
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Looks Unrecognizable After Shaving Off His Beard
- Families react to 9/11 plea deals that finally arrive after 23 years
- Kate Douglass 'kicked it into high gear' to become Olympic breaststroke champion
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Harvard appoints Alan Garber as president through 2026-27 academic year
- Chase Budinger credits former NBA teammate for approach to Olympic beach volleyball
- Giant pandas return to nation's capital by end of year | The Excerpt
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- AP Decision Notes: What to expect in the Kansas state primaries
Ranking
- NHL in ASL returns, delivering American Sign Language analysis for Deaf community at Winter Classic
- DOE abruptly cancels school bus routes for thousands of Hawaii students
- 2024 Olympics: Sha'Carri Richardson Makes Epic Comeback 3 Years After Suspension
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Looks Unrecognizable After Shaving Off His Beard
- Could your smelly farts help science?
- Justice Department sues TikTok, accusing the company of illegally collecting children’s data
- D23 Ultimate Disney Fan Event Unveils Star Wars, Marvel & More Collections: An Exclusive First Look
- When does the Pumpkin Spice Latte return to Starbucks? Here's what we know.
Recommendation
DoorDash steps up driver ID checks after traffic safety complaints
Saturn throws comet out of solar system at 6,700 mph: What astronomers think happened
Lululemon's 'We Made Too Much' Section is on Fire Right Now: Score a $228 Jacket for $99 & More
Ground cinnamon products added to FDA health alert, now 16 with elevated levels of lead
Behind on your annual reading goal? Books under 200 pages to read before 2024 ends
Unemployment rise spurs fears of slowdown, yet recession signals have been wrong — so far
Kate Douglass 'kicked it into high gear' to become Olympic breaststroke champion
North Dakota voters will decide whether to abolish property taxes